Skip to main content

Kiki's Delivery Service

With this story in particular I observed and took notice of how impactful and meaningful the story is to me and in my opinion it was exciting and interesting to decipher and analyze. The main topic I would want to focus on is KiKi’s training as a new witch and her relationship with other characters as a whole along with how society treats her. Her training in my opinion could have been better in this novel because she has to learn how to do everything on her own as a witch for the most part but she needs more mentorship in my opinion for at least the majority of her training process. The next thing that has my point of view would be her close relationship with some characters and how she is impacted by them. My personal point of view would have to be how is she affecting them since she’s different as a witch and someone who isn’t more normal and how they react to someone who is a witch in training. The next part that highly interests me is how society sees her in their world not hers. In my opinion, society should see her as an equal person anywhere but in the story she seems to be abnormal to them and like an outcast in some way. I see this within this story as if society thinks she is abnormal to them, their customs, along with their norms in every way because she isn’t like them. I personally see it as society looking down upon KiKi because she’s different and she grew up differently them most people. Overall, I personally see this story as an impactful and mysterious one since many aspects come into play with Kiki’s purpose and place within that new and different world she stumbles across.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

What I found by pure observation about a Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy was how bizarre, intense, and random the story is. One idea that I wanted to analyze and take from this story was the meaning behind Arthur and the number 42. I found it this book very enjoyable to read through mainly because there is humor and jokes all the way through. In my opinion it's like the author doesn’t want the reader to take it seriously but for the reader to laugh and have fun while reading. This is science fiction is made to laugh at itself while honoring its true rich tradition, but to myself it feels like it is much more than that. Adams' peculiarly dead-on humor also draws deeply from well thought out sociology, philosophy, and of course science. I observed the tone of the book as being humorous and exciting journey but also mysterious with how they can be uncovered. That's one of the main ideas;s I found interesting with this books theme. Another idea I wanted to observe and analyze ...

The Aquatic Uncle

Within this short story, The Aquatic Uncle , by Italo Calvino as analyzed has its own symbols that parallel that directly compares to modern life in every way which I find to be fascinating. I also found out that "Tadpoles" symbolize not just a beginning to a new life, but forms of immaturity, someone that does not fully understand the world yet. An interesting part of the story could be said of the involvement of the scientific elements behind the "Carboniferous period, abandoned part of aquatic life for terrestrial". This is based on a society moving forward into modern times while abandoning the old way of life. A main idea that I found interesting was the use of symbolism and how it can relate to modernism and society. The "paws' of the story directly relates to a form of creatures that have lived on land long enough to be fully developed and they are a symbol of the highest status within the story.  I also found out through the use of observation that ...

The Martian

In this novel The Martian I observed and analyzed the unique situation of Mark Watney of being stranded on Mars from a terrible sandstorm while his crew flew off. I think in my opinion the reader is engaged and interested all the way through since most of it is based on Mark and his experience on surviving on Mars while trying to find a way back home to Earth. What I analyzed from this book was how Mark used some farming techniques from Earth on Mars that works and ensures his survival for a while. The book makes the reader think about how he/she would survive if he/she was in Mark’s situation and it creates a way of problem solving. The problem solving would relate to his survival and communication with NASA but the same would relate to the reader if the reader though about how he/she would survive on their own in the wild but even another planet to myself is far fetched for survival. Also my idea with this book as an observation would be how there is a sense of strategy with the sur...